Thursday 14 June 2012

The Wesleyan Chapel & Sabbath in the Mud


I have been very remiss in not posting since we left the boat. It was disappointing to have to leave TM but Jan needed time to get over her cracked ribs and I had a wedding to photograph with my mate Colin.

Colin was also returning from a two week trip on the canals with Rick and Mark on  Asanewt, maybe you were unfortunate enough to be moored next to them on the Asbly or Coventry Canals. We hoped to meet up with the boys for a beer while they were cruising but it just didn't happen, maybe later in the year chaps.

Anyway, Christine and Shaun's wedding went well despite the constant rain. The Old Wesleyan Chapel in Derby is a good venue for a wedding, if a little dark for taking photos, but we coped ok.

On October 10th 1975 a long haired 17 year old youth went to the Birmingham Odeon to see Black Sabbath in concert. This was the year before I went off to University in Nottingham.
Black Sabbath @ Dowload 2012

Black Sabbath @ Dowload 2012

On June 10th 2012 a grey haired fat bloke went (with his lovely wife) to Donington Download Festival to see Black Sabbath close the festival. This was the year I retired.
When Ozzy walked on stage he did look like a man who had lived a full life  (let us be honest, he has done bloody well to live as long as he has), but when he just seemed to flip into Ozzy mode and he took we straight back to that night in 1975. The performance was fantastic, I even forgot how badly my legs ached after standing in one place for 5 hours.
Live long Ozzy, you give me hope!

Jans ribs are still not up to par so we have extended our stop at Braunston another week. The plan is to be back and rolling by next Tuesday. I am looking forward to getting back afloat.

No comments:

Post a Comment