Monday 11 August 2014

Back Cruising and moored near Elkington

We now have a new pump out toilet that works much better than the old model. We rented a cheap car from Enterprise and went home for the weekend while I sorted getting a new toilet fitted. Jim Packer had a look at it last week and after talking to Lee Sanitation we discovered the unit was obsolete so I drove the Fenny Compton on Saturday and picked up a new loo. I returned to Tilly May on Sunday with new loo and moved her back onto the 48 hour mooring at Welford. Jim arrived and we managed to fit it ok. Back home Sunday evening and back down Monday morning with all washing done, lawn cut and shopping done. I took the car back to Daventry and Enterprise drove we back to Welford and were on the move by 1pm. We cruised in the sun until about 4pm when the thunder started. We were caught by the first storm but moored near Elkington where we have moored before. We have now had 3 more thunder storms, I just love storms when we are on the boat, the sound of rain on the roof reminds me of camping when I was a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment