Monday 23 April 2012

Happy St George's Day


'Once more unto the breach, dear friends' and 'Cry ‘God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'.

For far to long the flag of St George has been a symbol hijacked by extremist organisations. It is time to take it back and once again be proud to fly it.
It am a Shiresman by birth and have lived in the Shire Counties of the Midlands all my life. Us Shiresman were called the backbone of England.
I am British and proud of Britain, but I identify with being an Englishman, and like all good Englishman I am tolerant of other races, religions and beliefs.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris

    The photo in your blog banner shows a great paint job on Tilly May. Bet you're pleased with the result!

    Regards
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Tom.
    Yes we are very pleased with the paint job. At least I don't have to worry about chipping it as I managed to do that yesterday with a boat hook before we got off the mooring!

    ReplyDelete